City & Guilds Professional Qualifications
Dates and Times:
Tuesday 19th September 17 - 9.30am - 4.30pm (Tuesday's ending 20th February 2018)
Wednesday 20th September 17 - 10.00am - 4.00pm (Wednesday's ending 21st February 2018)
Cost: £1,500.00 – includes 20 weeks tuition, assessment, registration and certification
The City and Guilds Level 2 Certificate for Dog Grooming Assistants is run over 20 weeks, with attendance at college one day a week. You will need to attend the college one day a week and will experience working in our professional standard grooming parlour with a range of dog breeds of various coat types, and grooming, clipping and styling requirements. Numbers are strictly limited to 6 candidates per course.
These courses are suitable for people wanting to start their career as a professional groomer.
Course Content: During this course you will study both underpinning knowledge and develop your practical skills.
You will take 8 modules, which include:
* Prepare and groom dogs prior to bathing
* Bath and clean dogs
* Clean and maintain equipment used for grooming or removing hair from animals
* Control and restrain animals
* Dry dogs and prepare their coats for styling
* Basic trimming of a dog’s coat
* Move animals between locations
* Welcome, receive and care for visitors to sites
Assessment: Assessment is through practical assessment, completion or assignment based work and a multiple choice test.